Procedures Performed by Surgeon:
Disclaimer: We are owned and operated by Mexico Bariatric Center and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Mexico Bariatric Center has gathered information from many different resources for MexicoWeightLossSurgeons.com to offer insight on bariatric surgeons in Mexico. We scour the weight loss surgery forums for patient reviews, testimonials, and input on surgeons. We cover boilerplate information from a surgeon’s and/or hospitals’ websites. We read reviews from patients on websites like ObesityHelp, RealSelf, etc. We also have ratings, comments, and reviews by consumers for the listed surgeons within this website.
The surgeons listed include prominent surgeons except those who did not want to participate as well as Mexico Bariatric Center surgeons.
Things to Consider When Searching for a Reliable Bariatric Surgery in Mexico:
- Focusing solely on price is a bad choice for most patients.
- A surgeon performing more than four weight loss surgeries per day is generally too taxing to be sustainable.
- Consider their education and certifications, such as Board-Certification in Bariartics & Metabolics.
- We recommend patients find surgeons who work out of full-service hospitals.
- Find surgeons who perform their own surgeries (rather than ghost surgeons).
- Younger surgeons who have better hand/eye coordination for endoscopic proficiency.
- Surgeons fluent in English to be able to communicate with them.
- Research the surgeon and read their reviews.
9 Features of Top Bariatric Surgeons
1. QUALIFIED SURGICAL TEAM:
Check for surgeons that have education and board certification with the CMCG & CMCOEM. Make sure their team is highly experienced with bariatric patients and are specialized in weight loss surgery.
2. BARIATRIC BOARD CERTIFIED
What are your surgeon’s qualifications? Find out if they are Board Certified in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery.
3. F.A.C.S. CERTIFICATION
Surgeons are continuously getting more training and certifications, such as FACS. Is your surgeon a member of the Fellowship in the American College of Surgeons (FACS) in 2019.
4. SUCCESSFUL SURGERIES
How many successful surgeries has your surgeon performed? Instead of having assistant surgeons perform the surgery, make sure your surgeon performs the entire procedure.
5. DAILY SURGERY LIMIT
Are your weight loss surgeons are capped at 3 to a maximum of 4 surgeries per day for the safety of the patients. Some surgeons perform up to 9 surgeries each day! Surgeon’s daily surgery count has an effect on surgical outcomes.
6. TOP SUCCESS RATES
Does your surgeon have high success rates and substantially low complication rates (less than 0.5% complication rates)? Choose a health-care professional that reduces any risk. Never risk your safety and take every precaution.
7. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Make sure that your surgeon is highly recommended. Check for 5-star profiles on ObesityHelp.com and RealSelf.com.
8. SPEAKS ENGLISH
Does your doctor speak English and you have an excellent bedside manner? Do they meet you the day before surgery for pre-op testing?
9. PATIENT CARE AND COMPASSION
Is there a nutrition program and aftercare support include nutritionist, surgeon liaison and support group.
* Complication rates are based on data, whenever available, about the surgeon’s surgical complication rates for weight-loss surgery. When icon is shown the surgeon’s complication rate is deemed excellent.
* Single-Incision Laparoscopic Surgery, otherwise known as SILS or single port incision, is the latest breakthrough in bariatric surgery. With single port incision, surgeons are able to perform the same surgery through one port providing patients with a host of advantages including; fewer scars, less scarring, faster recovery time and a better aesthetically-pleasing abdomen.